If you want to save money in cleaning household things and live a healthy and happy life, it is highly recommended to use natural products that are very safe. These products have the ability to clean all sorts of dirt, rust, molds and stains in a natural way. The ingredients used in these products are natural substances and do not cause any harm to human beings or animals. The cleaning products available in market contain poisonous chemical ingredients which pollute our mother earth, air, and water. They produce irrevocable damage to human beings, animal kingdom, plants and our valuable food source. So the best alternative is to adopt natural products to clean your household items and free from the hazardous environment. Let us see some of those different natural cleaning practices.
Natural Cleaning Practices
There are several simple natural cleaning practices you can follow to make your home clean and safe, using simple substances like lemon juice, vinegar, baking soda, salt and others.
- Lemon juice is a readily available item in everyone’s home, which can be used to clean copper and brass and make them shine like new.
- Lemon juice can be mixed with baking soda to prepare cleaning pastes. By sprinkling baking soda on a half cut lemon can be used to clean and remove stains of dishes.
- One cup of olive oil when mixed with half a cup of lemon juice is a good furniture polish.
- Vinegar removes grease, wax and molds. It is a deodorising agent; thin plates of vinegar kept in room will absorb odours. It can also be used to clean windows and bricks.
- Stickers stuck on wall or furniture by your naughty children can be removed by applying vinegar. Apply vinegar on the sticker, allow it to soak, and scrape off.
- Add few table spoons of vinegar in the detergent for dish washing, which will remove grease from the utensils.
- If food odours remain in your home after several hours of cooking or eating and if you do not feel comfortable, an effective step is to use vanilla. Make cotton ball and penetrate it with vanilla and keep it on a plate. It will absorb all the odours. Same thing you can apply in your refrigerator or car also and make them odour free.
- To remove the discolouration of your sink, pour half a cup of salt on the sink and rub with lemon. Keep it for some time and rinse the sink to bring back its whiteness.
- To clean food particles from your oven, sprinkle some salt and when the oven is cool, remove the food spills by brushing with a sponge.
- To clean silver accessories and make them shine like new one, keep them with few quantity of salt in boiling water for five minutes.
- Microwave Keep the sponge you use for dish washing, in microwave, while it is still wet, for a short period of time. All bacteria in the sponge will be destroyed due to high temperature.
There are several other natural practices which have been used in every home, knowingly or unknowingly about their miraculous benefits. Always follow natural cleaning practices for a better health, safe environment and effective cleaning solutions.