The best ways to clean wooden and vinyl floors will depend on the specific product. Any cleaning of wooden and vinyl floors will require specialist products and different cleaning processes. Flooring such as Amtico and Carndean recommend using their own products. Most other types of vinyl can be cleaned and sealed using cheaper generic products. These do the same job, but as they are not branded they do not carry such a hefty price tag.
Depending on the amount of use a floor gets dictates how often the floor will need to be re-dressed. Once a wooden floor has been sealed properly the job of re-dressing it should be less arduous, as the seal should protect the underlying wood. It should only need to be stripped and re-sealed. The less often wood is sanded will substantially extend the life of the floor.
High traffic areas will always wear more quickly than those areas receiving less foot fall. Floors can be maintained in such a way as to hide the wear on these high traffic areas, making the floor look new again, without the hassle and expense of a full strip and re-seal.
Please see below some of the best ways to clean wooden and vinyl floors:
Cleaning Wooden Floors
- Mild detergent: Pour a small amount into a bucket of water. Make sure you wring out the mop fully as you do not need to over-wet the floor to be cleaned. It also means the floor is dry and ready for use much quicker.
- Lemon: This is a poverful cleaner which will also leave a pleasant smell after use. Squeeze the juice from one lemon and pour it into your bucket of water. This will give you a clean and germ free floor!
- White Vinegar: White vinegar is good for removing stains, grease and odours from wooden and vinyl floors. A small amount added to the water in your bucket will be sufficient. Once the room has dried the smell of vinegar will vanish.
- Baking soda: If your wooden floors have scratch marks, just sprinkle a little baking soda on a damp sponge and rub on the scratch marks to help remove them.
Cleaning Vinyl Floors
- Vinegar: Mix 100 mls of vinegar in 5 litres of water, mop the tiled floor with this solution and let it air dry. Vinegar, being a non-toxic acid, cleans the floor, whilst at the same time disinfecting and removing odours. Avoid using the floor until dry, to avoid foot prints.
- Steam cleaning: Steam cleaning is excellent for both vinyl and tiled floors. Steam cleaning, removes tough residues and leaves the floor totally free from germs and bacteria.
Recommendation for the best ways to clean wooden and vinyl floors
Products such as eco2life floor cleaner are an excellent way of regularly maintaining the cleanliness of your floor. There are many products such as this that are totally bio-degratable and are maid of natural products. Not only are they good for the environment but they are good for children and/or pets.
If you would like to find out more please don’t hesitate to contact us as we can give you advice on products and/or materials to use for your particular type of flooring. We can also help with the maintaining of this expensive commodity to ensure it looks at its best for longer.
Phone the office now.
The Cleaner Team