he bad thing about molds is that they spoil the interior décor of any home, but the good news is that it is not a permanent problem. Mold, especially black, mold is caused by overexposure of areas to water or moisture. The new environment is a good environment for mould to grow on, and will do so rapidly. The regions affected most are corners of the house, bathrooms due to the high moisture content and areas where the water tubes connect with the walls. Regular cleaning of such regions will keep the mould off, but the best way is to use disinfectant and antimicrobial agents. This will keep black mold from growing, and destroy an already growing one.

Black mold can cause a wide range of health hazards to people living within its environment. The most common is triggering an allergy reaction for those who are allergic to it. Pollen grains, when released, will be suspended in the air for as long as they can. If an allergic person passes near it, they will start having an allergic reaction. The same applies to asthmatics. Pollen can also cause skin infection, if they land on an open wound and start growing there. Therefore, it is important that the wall is clean and free off mold.

Most home improvement magazines have guides on how to clean mold off walls. It begins by checking your home and marking down on the areas that need to be cleaned. All areas must be cleaned; otherwise the small region left unattended will be the mother of the new molds. Mold spreads very easily, so leaving one place unattended is just as good as not cleaning at all. When cleaning, the mistake that most homeowners make when removing mold is scrubbing it off the wall. This is a mistake because you not only help in spreading the mold, but also end up with scratched walls. The first and most important step is to kill the mold. By using a disinfectant and vinegar, this can be accomplished.

How to clean the mold?

Begin by making a solution of vinegar and a detergent using water. Vinegar will kill the mold as the detergent eases the process of cleaning. Once the solution is made, it should be transferred into a spray bottle then sprayed directed onto the mold. A minimum of ten minutes should be allowed for the concoction to work properly. Then using a soft brush, wipe out the region. Rough portions will call for harder brushes.

The mold area could also be cleaned with bleach – and you should make a mixture with liquid bleach and warm water – soak the cleaning cloth in the mixture and apply scrubbing the area carefully – re-apply until the mold is completely removed, wipe down with soft cloth with clean water and dry the surface after.

No equipment used in the process should be thrown away; instead, they all should be packed into a plastic bag and disposed properly. The area can be cleaned comprehensively with water and detergents once the process is completed. Repainting is not necessary, but is recommended when the region cleaned does not add décor to your wall. Always clean moulds from walls as soon as they appear, and if the cause of the mould is water leakage, then it should be addressed first before embarking on mould cleaning.